Vice President Sales
The Vice President – Sales directs the firms investments in sales force effectiveness and manages functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent.
Job Description –
Experience working with diverse, multi-cultural teams and customers. Managed very large Clients in US, Europe and India Geo’s having Global delivery centers (Onsite and offshore models). Experience in setting up and managing sales organization from ground up.
Cloud, Infrastructure support, Docker/Kubernetes, DevOps, Cloud managed services and Engineering services among others
Rolls and responsibility –
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization. Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the firm
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement – possibly more important than the first item on this list
- Works closely with the company management to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities
- Manage the sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Manage the use of budgets
- Define optimal sales force structure
- Hire and develop sales staff
- Become known as an employer of choice and a sales force that top sales people want to join
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful support, channel and partner programs
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships.
Accountability & Performance Measures –
- Achievement of firm sales, profit, and strategic objectives
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.