Sr. Software Engineer (DevOps, Cloud)
Opcito is looking for talented developers with experience building products and services in the cloud. Experience with writing code at all levels of the web stack is a plus. We want your imagination to run free as you work with our team of passionate developers to build web apps across cloud platforms and multiple devices that blow minds away. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in the Cloud, Containers, and DevOps space.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Python, and shell scripting experience required
- Prior working experience with AWS – any or all of EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, Dynamo DB, EMR
- Exposure to automation of composite stack deployments using tools such as Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation or similar
- Familiarity with application profiling, debugging and analysis
- Familiarity with CI infrastructure, especially Jenkins
- Familiarity with at least one Configuration management tool (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt)
- Worked with deploying applications to at least one cloud (public or private)
- Strong Linux system administrator skill
- Experience with Python and at least one web framework (Django, Flask, Bottle)
- Good grasp of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Minimum 3-6 years of software engineering experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work on cutting edge technologies in the areas around DevOps, Containers and cloud platforms like Amazon AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Build data-driven products in the DevOps space with technologies like Chef, Puppet and Ansible
- Build Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines for complex applications, leveraging tools like Jenkins, RunBook, and TravisCI
- Analyze requirements and develop software as per project defined software process
- Demonstrate successful completion of analysis, technical design, and programming assignments
- Employ innovative thought and automation to improve workflow, efficiency, productivity, and technology deployment
- Have ability to take a project or task from inception to completion and ability to understand when to escalate
- Stay familiar with relevant current and future technologies and trends
- Continuously maintain and/or improve the security of client environments and customer data
- Participate in code and design reviews to ensure quality and conformance to product standards
- Provide status updates to TL/PM as required and data for metrics collection
- Demonstrate good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Participate as a team member and foster teamwork by inter-group coordination within the modules of the project
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum methodology
- Possess excellent communication skills (written and oral) with good interpersonal skills and ability to develop and foster peer-to-peer relationships with counterparts.
|Experience||3 to 6 years|