Senior Big-Data Developer
We are looking for a senior Big Data developer with solid development experience in collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing huge sets of data. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. We are looking for a self-motivated, go-getter, out of the box thinker who is ready to work in a high-energy start-up environment. He/she must demonstrate a high level of ownership, integrity, and creativity.
- Proficiency in Python
- Comprehensive knowledge of Cloud platforms and technologies such as AWS, Azure, Apache Kafka, Apache spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Must have worked on database SQL programming with any leading RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools such as Hive, Pig, and Sqoop.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Selecting and integrating Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Implementing ETL process
- Monitoring performance and advising necessary infrastructure changes
- Defining data retention policies
- Build, Operate and Optimise large distributed systems
- Maintain data security
- Maintain and build data operation best practices
- Translate, load, and exhibit unrelated data sets in various formats and sources like JSON, text files, Kafka queues, and log data
- Fine tune applications and systems for high performance and higher volume throughput
- Develop highly scalable web services with exceptional performance, for data tracking & high-speed querying
Good to have:
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, and efficient code
- Should be a fast learner and have excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working with large-scale distributed systems is a plus
- Should be able to independently design and build components for the automation platform
- Should assist in the maintenance of the tools and troubleshooting the issues
Why should you join Opcito?
We are a dynamic start-up that believes in designing transformation solutions for our customers with our ability in unifying quality, reliability, and cost-effectiveness at any scale. Our core work culture focuses on adding material value to client products by leveraging best practices in DevOps like continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automation, coupled with disruptive technologies like cloud, containers, serverless computing, and microservice-based architectures. Here are some of the perks of working with Opcito:
- Outstanding career development and learning opportunities
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skill
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Flexible working schedule
- Corporate and social event.