We are looking for a technical project manager. The ideal candidate would be a self-motivated, go-getter, out of the box thinker, and ready to work in a high-energy start-up environment. He/she must demonstrate a high level of ownership, integrity, and leadership skills and be flexible and adaptive with a strong desire to learn & excel.
- 10+ years of IT experience
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- 4+ years of experience in project management
- Technical expertise in Java/Python, MEAN/MERN stack, DevOps, and open-source tech
- Strong understanding of SDLC, software architecture, and agile best practices
- Experience in handling multiple projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with user story mapping, writing clear acceptance criteria, release planning, etc.
- Awareness of QA processes like test planning and execution, automation testing, integration and acceptance testing, etc.
- Scrum master certification or agile PMI-ACP will be preferred
- Prior experience working with teams adopting micro-services based solutions is a plus
- Experience working in a dot-com start-up or a technical web product company
- Experience working on SaaS or PaaS product project management.
- Work with engineering team understand the scope, organize tasks, and prioritize efforts between multiple clients and projects
- Assign and oversee the daily functions of technical personnel while ensuring all subordinates are actively working toward established milestones
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles, and responsibilities for project members
- Lead backlog grooming, sprint planning, stand-ups, retros, demos, etc.
- Dive into technical issues to help the team if required
- Anticipate project risks and issues, communicate to appropriate stakeholders where required
- Leverage product and program management processes to produce scope, requirements, designs, stories, schedules, and project plans. - ensure all work is represented in Jira with proper sizing and estimates, descriptions, dependencies, acceptance criteria, with consistent standards
- Support the discovery phase to identify product scalability opportunities and capture new requirements for product capabilities, tooling, and documentation
- Manage the scope and capacity of the team throughout the project life cycle
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, and efficient code
- Should be a fast learner and have excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working with large-scale distributed systems is a plus
- Should be able to independently design and build components for the automation platform
- Should assist in the maintenance of the tools and troubleshooting the issues.
Why should you join Opcito?
We are a dynamic start-up that believes in designing transformation solutions for our customers with our ability to unify quality, reliability, and cost-effectiveness at any scale. Our core work culture focuses on adding material value to client products by leveraging best practices in DevOps like continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automation, coupled with disruptive technologies like cloud, containers, serverless computing, and microservice-based architectures. Here are some of the perks of working with Opcito:
- Outstanding career development and learning opportunities
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skill
- Friendly team and enjoyable work environment
- Flexible working schedule
- Corporate and social events.