We are looking for a Technical Project Manager with 8+ years of experience. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, go-getter, out-of-the-box thinker, and ready to work in a high-energy environment. He/she must demonstrate a high level of ownership, integrity, and leadership skills; should be flexible and adaptive with a strong desire to learn & excel.
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- 4+ years of experience in project management
- Hands-on experience working on .Net/Java/Python, MEAN/MERN Stack, DevOps, and open-source projects
- Experience in handling multiple projects
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and best practices in Agile, including Scrum and Kanban
- Should have excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with user story mapping, writing clear acceptance criteria, release planning, etc.
- Should be a team player, focused & committed toward quality, able to work independently in a fast-paced & changing environment
- Aware of QA processes like test planning & execution, automation testing, integration, and acceptance testing
- Prior experience with teams adopting Microservices-based solutions is a plus
- Experience working with dot-com start-ups or a technical web product company is a plus
- Experience working on SaaS or PaaS product project management.
- Coordinate with the engineering team, understand the scope, organize tasks, and prioritize efforts between multiple clients and projects
- Assign and oversee daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all subordinates are actively working to achieve objectives
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address queries or challenges regarding the projects
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles, and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives
- Lead - backlog grooming, sprint planning, stand-ups, retros, demos, etc.
- Resolve day-to-day technical roadblocks
- Drive progress across multiple technical projects and communicate status and risks to all stakeholders Anticipate project risks and issues, escalate to stakeholders where required
- Leverage product and program management processes to provide scope for requirements, designs, stories, schedules, and project plans
- Ensure all work is represented in Jira with precise sizing and estimates, descriptions, dependencies, and acceptance criteria, with consistent standards
- Facilitate meetings with engineering, product, and data science teams along with other stakeholders to capture project requirements, action items, and next steps
- Support the discovery phase to identify product scalability opportunities and capture new requirements for product capabilities, tooling, and documentation
- Partner with cross-functional engineering and integration teams
- Manage scope and capacity of the team throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage the movement of backlogs into appropriate workflows.
- Experience in working with large-scale distributed systems is a plus
- Should be able to independently design and build components for the automation platform
- Should assist in the maintenance of the tools and troubleshooting the issues.
Why should you join Opcito?
We are a dynamic start-up that believes in designing transformation solutions for our customers with our ability to unify quality, reliability, and cost-effectiveness at any scale. Our core work culture focuses on adding material value to client products by leveraging best practices in DevOps like continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automation, coupled with disruptive technologies like cloud, containers, serverless computing, and microservice-based architectures.
Here are some of the perks of working with Opcito:
- Outstanding career development and learning opportunities
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skill
- Friendly team and enjoyable work environment
- Flexible working schedule
- Corporate and social events.