We are looking for a Software Engineer with expertise in Java and related frameworks. We are looking for a self-motivated, go-getter, out-of-the-box thinker ready to work in a high-energy environment. He/she must demonstrate a high level of ownership, integrity, and creativity.
- 4+ years of experience working on Java
- Experience in using Spring, Spring MVC, or Spring boot framework
- Experience of working on Spring Boot-based microservices
- Sound understanding of REST API and AWS
- Good to have knowledge about Hibernate
- Good to have knowledge of Microservices in DevOps tools (Git, Jenkins, JUnit, deployment, monitoring, and tracing)
- Sound understanding of core Java, SOAP Services, REST services, Spring & Maven, expertized in working on Unix platform
- Should have in-depth knowledge of web servers (e.g., Apache HTTP) and application servers (e.g., Tomcat, WebLogic)
- Hands-on experience on any relational database, Oracle and MySQL preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software according to functional, non-functional, and technical design specifications
- Follow software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology, release processes to ensure code is maintainable, scalable, supportable, and demonstrate the software products to stakeholders
- Investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, provide fixes and workarounds, and reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions
- Work within a team, collaborate and add value through participating in peer code reviews, provide comments & suggestions, work with cross-functional teams to achieve goals
- Technical accountability for specific work products within an application
- Provide technical support during solution design for new requirements
- Use innovative ways to identify and resolve technical issues.
Good to have:
- Passion for writing simple, clean, and efficient code
- Should be a fast learner and have excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working with large-scale distributed systems is a plus
- Should have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Should be able to design and build components for the automation platform independently
- Should assist in the maintenance of the tools and troubleshooting the issues.
Why should you join Opcito?
We are a dynamic company that believes in designing transformation solutions for our customers with our ability to unify quality, reliability, and cost-effectiveness at any scale. Our core work culture focuses on adding material value to client products by leveraging best practices in DevOps like continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automation, coupled with disruptive technologies like cloud, containers, serverless computing, and microservice-based architectures.
Here are some of the perks of working with Opcito:
- Outstanding career development and learning opportunities
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skill
- Friendly team and enjoyable work environment
- Flexible working schedule
- Corporate and social events.